Learn How to Defend Against Cyber Attacks | Stay Protected
Cybersecurity has become a critical concern for individuals and organizations alike, as the frequency and severity of cyber attacks continue to rise. The following is a summary of some key data on the state of cybersecurity and tips on how to protect your systems.
According to a 2020 report from Cybersecurity Ventures, cybercrime is projected to cost the world $6 trillion annually by 2021, up from $3 trillion in 2015. The report also predicts that there will be 3.5 million unfilled cybersecurity jobs by 2021.
One major contributor to the high cost of cybercrime is the increasing use of ransomware, a type of malware that encrypts a victim’s files and demands payment in exchange for the decryption key. In 2020, the average ransom demand increased to $111,605, up from $11,492 in 2019, according to a report from Coveware.
Phishing scams, in which attackers attempt to trick victims into revealing sensitive information or credentials, are also a major concern. The Anti-Phishing Working Group reported that there were more than 1.2 million unique phishing sites in the first half of 2020, an average of more than 230,000 per month.
To protect yourself and your organization from cyber attacks, it is important to adopt a comprehensive cybersecurity strategy that includes the following steps:
- Keep software and systems up-to-date with the latest security patches and updates.
- Use strong, unique passwords for all accounts, and consider using a password manager to help manage them.
- Use anti-virus and anti-malware software, and keep it up-to-date.
- Be cautious when opening email attachments or clicking on links, especially from unknown senders.
- Use two-factor authentication whenever possible.
- Regularly back up important data and ensure that the backups are stored in a secure, off-site location.
- Educate employees on cybersecurity best practices and conduct regular security awareness training.
- Regularly monitoring network activity to detect and respond to security breaches.
By taking these steps, individuals and organizations can significantly reduce the risk of a successful cyber attack and minimize the potential impact of any security breaches that do occur.
See what we can do for you when it comes to cybersecurity! Click here to learn more!
Keywords: #Cybersecurity #CSITechnologies #WeLeadDreams #Construction #ConstructionIndustry #Sowftware #Security #Consulting